Our uniform identifies us as a community and reinforces our culture of high expectations and academic achievement. All pupils are expected to dress in full school uniform as this is a very important part of our ethos and culture.
- Uniform unites us as a community: we learn, practise, play and succeed together.
- Uniform reduces distractions: we are focused on our learning.
- Uniform makes us all equal: we come to school looking the same way; no one has to feel awkward about the clothes they have or don’t have.
- Uniform gives us all an identity to be part of and proud of.
- Uniforms are professional. Pupils look smart and ready to learn.
If pupils are not dressed in the appropriate uniform parents will be contacted and asked to bring missing items in
- Fine knit turquoise V-neck jumper or cardigan with Blacklands logo*
- Long or short sleeved white shirt with buttoned collar
- Academy Tie*
- Black skirt or black tailored trousers
- Black or white tights or socks with skirt
- Black or white socks with trousers
- Closed-toed, hard-soled, all black plain shoes with a flat sole
- Y5 & Y6 Black Blazer with turquoise stripe & Blacklands logo*
Optional for the summer (Terms 5 & 6)
- Purple & white summer dress which is available with optional Blacklands logo*
- Short-sleeved white shirt with buttoned collar & tie
- Tailored black shorts
- All black closed-toed sandals
PE Kit (indoor and outdoor)
All children are now expected to come to school wearing their full PE kit on their allocated PE days. On these days, children may wear black trainers (with Velcro fastenings if possible) or bring these in to change into.
- Turquoise polo shirt with Blacklands logo*
- Black shorts
- Black trainers or black plimsolls
Optional, but recommended for colder months for outdoor PE:
Plain Black tracksuit - a jumper is available with optional Blacklands logo*
Appropriate Footwear in School
Sensible black school shoes should be worn at all times as part of our uniform. Trainers are not permitted unless it is your child’s PE day. During cold weather, black ankle boots may be worn but they must be plain with only one buckle or laces. Children may wear all black closed-toed sandals in the summer. Open-toed sandals or sling backs should not be worn, even in the Summer Term.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All un-named mislaid items, are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Any named mislaid items will be returned to the childs classroom. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.
Purchasing school uniform
*These items are available to purchase via our uniform supplier is Superstich.
Or visit the store: 7 Castleham Road, St Leonards on Sea, TN38 9NR.
Friends of Ark Blacklands (FAB) stock a large amount of second-hand uniform at reasonable prices - please contact the school office if you wish to make use of their uniform shop. They also regularly sell used uniform items at different events throughout the year.