A travel plan is a document which sets out how we will promote safer, active and sustainable travel to academy. Our main aim is to reduce the number of children being driven to and from the site.
We think it is important to have a travel plan because it is of benefit not just for our school community but also for the area around the school in general.
Other reasons for having a travel plan include:
For the pupils:
- Improving health and fitness by walking, scooting and cycling
- Improving travel awareness and road user skills
- Improving awareness of their surroundings
For the school:
- Improving safety around the school
- Reducing congestion around the school
- Establishing safer walking and cycling routes around the school
- Linking to the National Curriculum
- Reducing stress and time spent driving to the school, especially when it is congested
- Increasing quality parent/child time
- Building better links with the school
For the local community:
- Improving the local environment by reducing air and noise pollution
- Reducing congestion problems
- Improving walking routes
- Improving road safety
Hastings Train Station is 1.3 miles away which is a 27 minute walk.
There are plenty of bus routes near the school, including 26 and 26A.