Together We Achieve
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is committed to providing a curriculum that inspires and excites our pupils to achieve excellence and motivates them to succeed.
- is focused upon high standards in mathematics, reading and writing as well as being broad and balanced, providing plenty of opportunities for enrichment
- excites our pupils’ imaginations
- is progressive, ensuring continuity from Reception to Year 6
- provides a firm foundation for later learning and subject choice
- is relevant to our pupils and their surroundings
- is underpinned by outstanding teaching
Depth for Breadth
Our first priority is to build a secure foundation in English and mathematics as the basis for all other learning. Pupils will be taught to read, write and work with numbers fluently and confidently. Where pupils need extra support, it will be provided, to ensure that every child reaches and exceeds nationally expected standards.
Ark Blacklands Curriculum Policy is currently being updated.
An overview of our Topic Themes can be seen here:
If you have any questions about our curriculum, please contact the Deputy Head, Mary Quinn via email on email@example.com email, or by calling the school on 01424 429 279.