New Reception Year pupil intake for September 2018
Congratulations to all those allocated a September 2018 Reception Year place at Ark Blacklands! Please remember to return paper copies of your completed admission forms to our school office as soon as possible to confirm your acceptance. If you have been offered but do not wish to take up your place, please do let the school office know as soon as possible so that the place can be allocated to another pupil.
A travel plan is a document which sets out how we will promote safer, active and sustainable travel to academy. Our main aim is to reduce the number of children being driven to and from the site.
We think it is important to have a Travel Plan because it is of benefit not just for our academy community but also for the area around the academy generally.
Other reasons we have the Travel Plan include:
For the Pupils:
- Improving health and fitness by walking, scooting and cycling
- Improving travel awareness and road user skills
- Improving awareness of their surroundings
For the Academy:
- Improving safety around the academy
- Reducing congestion around the academy
- Establishing safer walking and cycling routes around the academy
- Linking to the National Curriculum
- Reducing stress and time spent driving to the academy , especially when it is congested
- Increasing quality parent/child time
- Building better links with the academy
For the Local Community:
- Improving the local environment by reducing air and noise pollution
- Reducing congestion problems
- Improving walking routes
- Improving road safety
Hastings Train Station is 1.3 miles away which is a 27 minute walk.
There are plenty of bus routes near the school, including 26 and 26A