Do you have a child starting school in September 2018? Why not come and look at Ark Blacklands....
We are holding open mornings for prospective parents and carers on the following dates:
7th/8th November: 9.30am and 9th November:1.30pm No appointment necessary - just come and meet us!
How to Apply
The academy will admit 90 reception year students each September.
Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure, which you can download here. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex website here
Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2018 close on 15th January 2018.
Please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs J Childs email@example.com if you have any queries.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council, please see their website here. If you would like to visit the acadmey please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs J Childs firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to meet you.
ARK Blacklands Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the admissions policy:
ARK SCHOOLS APPEALS TIMETABLE SEPTEMBER 2017 ENTRY
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16 April 2018||19 May 2017|
|after 19 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.