How to Apply
The academy will admit 90 reception year students each September.
Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure, which you can download here. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex website here
Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2019 open online from 12th September 2018 and close on 15th January 2019.
Allocation decisions are sent on 16th April 2019.
Please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs J Childs email@example.com if you have any queries or would like support in making your applictaions.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council, please see their website here. If you would like to visit the acadmey please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs J Childs firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to meet you.
ARK Blacklands Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
ARK SCHOOLS APPEALS TIMETABLE SEPTEMBER 2019 ENTRY
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2019 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
You may find this booklet useful should you wish to make an appeal:
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16 April 2019||20 May 2019|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.